LoG in: Matthew "Byrdie" Byrd [ColonelByrd95]

Posted by Byrdie On Monday, July 12, 2010 0 comments

Matthew "Byrdie" Byrd (Gamertag: ColonelByrd95) is a Film/Video Gaming Nerd who, although he joined LoG around episode 9-10 ish, has become one of the core members of the LoG group. He is one of most passionate Pro-Single Player advocates at LoG and sat down to chat with (insert interviewer name here) to answer some questions.

Q. Who are you and what do you think you're doing here?


Hi I'm Matthew Byrd but you can call me Byrdie. I've been into Video Games since I had the Original Playstation and N64 but I didn't get really into them until I got the original XBOX. I had a tough transition into next gen system but when I did I became a full on Gaming nerd. For the podcast I am a contributing writer for the website and one of the co-hosts on the Podcast.

Q. How long have you been in the gaming industry?

I've been playing games since I was 5 but I didn't "really" get into games until I was 12 (2007) when I got the Xbox 360. I fell in love with games like Call of Duty, Dead Space, Batman: Arkham Asylum and they really fueled my passion for Single Player games.

Q. Please describe to me why your a single player supporter.

Well I feel that single player games are good for three reasons. One. They (the good games) offer intriguing stories that are interesting to play through. You just can't get that in multiplayer. Second, they are free from the homophobic and racist people who inhabit Xbox Live and PSN and finally they offer me quiet alone time with games.

Q. Did joining the Podcast late alienate you from the rest of the group?

Oh no not at all. Kailiff and Stanley are some of my best freinds from school and I already knew Malic, Aaron and Taylor so no, not at all.

Q. What do you think of your fellow LoGers?

Oh they're awesome. You see I was alienated in Elementary school because I was a "nerdy gamer" while my other "friends" were into frat boy shooter gamers. This was very sad and really made me hate myself so I stopped gaming for a period of 7 months. When I got to my new school and met these guys at the Library I didn't feel alone anymore. I could play games and be cool. They really saved me from never gaming again.

Q. What do you want to see changed about LoG?

I would love for us to be on iTunes but that's out of my hands. What I would like is for us to branch out into videos with video reviews and achievement tips, but I would still write text for both of those since there are people who want both. So to answer your question, I would like to see us be a more video oriented website.

Q. Final Question: What are your favorite games?

Dead Space, Red Dead Redemption and Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom

0 comments:

Post a Comment