Byrd's Nest #9: How Sports and iTouch games saved my gaming life.

Posted by Byrdie On Monday, October 25, 2010 3 comments


When school started this year realized something. My daily habit of killing aliens, Nazi's and other generic polygon inhabited foes would be disrupted by a minor annoyance called homework. Alas my horrendous foes would be playing second bannana to triangle therom proofs and the crafting of a literary analysis. And as the school year has progressed into October I realized something. I have not an alien and/or Nazi since August. I have simply been too tired/busy to continue that art for the time being. What have I been doing with that time? Playing Madden and Doodle Jump.
These games are the perfect solution to any gamers bust schedule. Doodle Jump is maybe the most addicting thing mankind has invented since the invention of illegal narcotics. My precious seconds of no homework are squandered on the perfecting of platform jumping and alien killing. Doodle Jump is just a perfect game for you busy gamers.
Secondly when I actually get a chance to play a console game. I will usually put in my most coveted game (at the moment) Madden 11 (review coming shortly). Madden's shockingly improved gameplay which makes playing an exhibition match as quick as possible, along with the fact that I am a sports fan has allowed me to waste away weekend hours simply scoring touchdown after touchdown while taking bragging rights from my father.
I know what you're going to say. I'm not a "true gamer" beceause I'm only playing "casual" Madden and Doodle Jump and if I was a true gamer I would put games before grades. Blah Blah Blah. Yada Yada Yada. You know what? I don't give a crap. I love games but simply don't have the time to play traditional shooters and action games. I still love video games and am currently enjoying games that allow me to quickly play an enjoyable game before I go back to my busy schedule. And who knows. I might have some time to kill Nazis soon.
-Matthew Byrd Gamertag: ColonelByrd95

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Madden 11 is the most popular sport game to play. The graphics of this game is fabulous. Players use its favorite team to play this game.
r4 3ds cards

Anonymous said...

Thanks For posting . Its Really nice . Keep update a more article.Thanks for sharing the knowledge.
addicting games

Anonymous said...

I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I don’t know who you are but definitely you’re going to a famous blogger if you are not already Cheers!
addicting games

Post a Comment