Special Edition Byrd's Nest blog: S.O.S for Xbox 360

Posted by Byrdie On Friday, June 25, 2010 1 comments

This is a weekly opinon article I write about a certain issue in the gaming industry. This does not in anyway express the opinons of the entire Youmedia or Library of Games staff.

This may be one of my lowest moments in Gaming. My Xbox 360 has cracked it's third game. Not scratched-Cracked. I put in Red Dead Redemption and suddenly CRACK. I hear a crack and the game goes black. I take it out and there's a big crack near the middle of the disc. This isn't new. This same thing happend to two of my previous games. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and Modern Warfare 2. However those games didn't have such a special place in my heart like Red Dead Redemption did. I'm truely crushed that I can't play this game for the time being. Now before you blame me for either moving the 360 and putting it sideways let me explain. The Xbox hasn't been moved in months from it's horizontal position. It just cracked. It just enrages me how the PS3 and Wii have an almost perfect record yet Microsoft can't seem to fix anything. I'm already hearing early reports that the Xbox 360 slim is already tearing up games. This is unacceptable.

For too long Microsoft has been blaming it's fan base for the Red Rings (which I get monthly thank god they haven't destroyed the Xbox) and disc scratch. Instead of blaming users why don't you get off your lazy butt and fix the problem. No wonder Sony beating Microsoft. Microsoft can't keep it's act together. I hope that the Slim is better then the old 360 'cause I can't take anymore games being destroyed.

Note: The Actual blog will be posted tomorrow. The subject is achievements and trophies.

Written by Matthew Byrd: Gamertag: ColonelByrd95

1 comments:

Gloqwi said...

Microsoft only tried to blame their customers when news of the red ring started back 3 years ago, when it seemed like a small problem that only some people had, by telling them that they are just putting it in hot places and they were blocking air circulation. But they realized that it was their fault when the news that 33% of Xboxs Red Ringed and they started the free replacement program (also did the same when the E74 came out). I heard the new slim was supposed to fix those problems, but I haven't heard any details.

Post a Comment